I. Opening Hours
- Mon - Fri: 8:30 a.m. - 4:45 p.m. (4:15 p.m. summer time)
- Sat : 9:15 a.m. - 12:00 nn (Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays)
- Check-in/out hours: Recess, lunch* and after-school until 4:30 p.m. (4:00 p.m. summer time)
- * Check-in/out stops 5 minutes before the 7th period.
- Photocopying and binding: Lunch and after-school until 4:30 p.m. (4:00 p.m. summer time)
II. Use of the Library
- The Library was set up to provide students with a comfortable and quiet environment where they can read, self-study, borrow and return library materials and collect information. The Library reserves the right to refuse access by any student for any other purposes.
- School bags, bags, receptacles, food and beverages (including water) and umbrellas are not allowed in the Library. School bags, bags and receptacles must be put in the lockers outside the Library. Students are advised to carry with them their wallets and other valuables.
- To protect your personal belongings against theft, please lock up your locker before entering the Library. Be sure to take all your belongings with you when leaving the Library. Do not leave any trash in the locker.
- Be quiet in the Library. Talking, playing, sleeping, eating or drinking (including water) and any behaviours in violation of the school rules are strictly forbidden in the Library.
- In case too many students use the Library, crowd control measures may be implemented to effectively control the number of users in the Library.
- All library materials must be put in the trolleys after use; do not put the books back onto the shelves.
- Do not write upon, mark or soil any library materials. They should keep the Library clean, must not occupy any seat when not in use and must not move the tables and chairs about in the Library.
- Before leaving the Library, students must hand over all the books and other items to a member of library staff for inspection. Offenders are subject to severe penalties.
- Students must follow the instructions of the library staff.
- Demerits may be issued for any offences of the above. Serious or repeated offences will be handed over to the Discipline Committee.
III. General Regulations
- S1 to S6 students may borrow with their library cards up to 5 books or magazines; members of Library Club and Reading Club may borrow up to 8 books or magazines. Reference books and public exam past year papers are for Library use only.
- Library materials for load (books and audio-visual materials) may be borrowed for 2 weeks.
- Students may reserve up to 2 newly displayed books or 2 items of audio-visual materials. To reserve library materials, a reservation form must be filled in and submitted to a library staff member or a student librarian.
- All checked-out materials must be returned before they are due. An overdue fine of $1.00 per day is imposed on each loan item. No change is given. A borrower must report loss of any checked-out materials promptly and is liable to compensation. Offenders are subject to disciplinary actions.
- A library card is not to be lent or transferred. Offenders are subject to disciplinary actions.
- All library materials must be returned prior to the end of a school term to facilitate stocktaking.
IV. Photocopying and Copyrights
- All photocopying activities in the Library must comply with the EDB Circular Memorandum No. 137/2016 regarding copyright matters.
- Photocopying charge: $0.5 per sheet; $0.3 per sheet for class copies, which must be arranged for by a teacher or a student representative authorized to use the class photocopying card.
- The cost of each photocopying card is $40 ($30 face value plus $10 card cost). Students should line up in front of the photocopier and maintain good order.
V. Rules for Using the Life Planning and Self-Learning Centre
- As part of the Library, users of the Life Planning and Self-Learning Centre are also required to the follow the general Library Rules.
- Audio-visual materials in the Life Planning and Self-Learning Centre are available for use in the Centre only.
- Unless with a teacher's permission, one booth may only be used by one student.
- Inspect the audio-visual materials on loan to ensure they are complete and undamaged. Report any breakage or damage immediately or will be liable for compensation.
- Please switch off the devices and return all borrowed materials before leaving the Centre.
VI. Other Services
- Please tender exact amount for chargeable services such as binding and lamination (photographs excluded).
- All users must strictly comply with the Library regulations. A warning will be issued to offenders for the first time. Serious or repeated offences will be handed over to the Discipline Committee.